Wednesday, December 16, 2009

#best 09 "The Best Place"

The Dec. 11 challenge was to share the best place of 2009. As is so often the case, my take on this is a bit different than what most people might imagine.

My best place of the year, this year, is within myself. I've found there a wealth of joy and peace, springing from my deepest depths, limited only by my own ability to accept it.

It's not a constant. I still, more often than I might like, fall back on the old ways of being, but those times are coming more seldom, and they don't last nearly as long. I'm beginning to predict when they're most likely - when I am hormonal, or have been pushing myself past reasonable limits, or Jim and I argue, or things seem too chaotic.

And, knowing when I am more likely to lose my awareness of that spring of well-being and mindfulness within me, I can take steps ahead of time to breathe, to slow down, to pay attention, to be especially kind and pleasant to my loved ones.

I'm finding out a lot about me, and discovering that I really like the woman I am, now. Not only that, but I'm really looking forward to see how she'll evolve, from here.

The best thing about loving my own interior is that I carry it to all the other places I go, and that makes them seem more special. I think it's because I'm seeing them as they really are, rather than hoping they will fill some need within me. I can go, carrying my own best place with me, and never need to leave it, because it is a part of me.

1 comment:

Cap'n Franko said...

Power to ya! This is something I've been working on for 40 years. I think I'm starting to get a handle on it.