Friday, October 02, 2009

Traveling Companion...


I'm not sure how or when it happened, although I was right here, the whole time...children can be like that, changing within breaths, it seems (or, around here, giggles). The nature of children, I think, is to be always becoming something new...


And so, almost overnight, my sweet little daughter has become a lovely little lady...and an incredible traveling companion. The times when we go someplace together, just her and I, shine with her own special imp-magic as my sparkly, suddenly very accomplished Annalise delights and entices me into her wonderful way of seeing the world around her. She has my way with words, Jim's indomitable sense of adventure and drive to draw my sometimes-reticent soul into it, and a innate balance in life that is entirely her own...


Scrapblog,Scrapblog,Scrapblog,Scrapblog,Scrapbook,Scrapbook,Scrapbook,Scrapbook,Pink Chocolate,Pink Chocolate,Pink Chocolate,Pink Chocolate


http://s792.photobucket.com/albums/yy208/miahandlisesmom/?action=tags&current=Scrapblog


Scrapblog, Scrapbook, Pink Chocolate


Scrapblog, Scrapbook, Pink Chocolate


These photos were take during a mother/daughter visit to Borders. Lise chose a volcano book and a block train, and had some playtime before we headed over to the cafe where she chose a blackberry fizz drink and a blueberry scone. We enjoyed conversation while sampling our treats, then headed home with our treasures, leaving me wondering just when she got big enough to move through the store with such poise and confidence....

Scrapblog, Scrapbook, Pink Chocolate


Scrapblog, Scrapbook, Pink Chocolate


Scrapblog, Scrapbook, Pink Chocolate



Annalise and I made a girlie trip to Tiny Tots Tea Room one morning, while the guys hung out at home...she made friends with the other ids quickly, and the two small boys seemed captivated by her.

I'm still wondering just when my little girl went from being the smallest in the group to the biggest! But, big or little, I get the supreme delight of being Mommy to this remarkable young person. =) Watching her play, alone or with other children, fills me with a sweet, deep joy I never knew existed, before her...





As closing time approached, Annalise decided to help clean up. She used a pot holder, and had her own clear ideas about how best to proceed. There was other play interspersed (the "work" of cleaning was play to her), and exploration. Then, at leaving time, we lingered by the windows so Lise could say a leisurely "goodbye until next time."





We stopped for gas on the way home, and Lise asked if she could do one of her favorite things - wash the windows. I find it interesting that it wasn't something she ever wanted to do in the days when I insisted she clean up after herself to meet my unrealistic expectations. And yet, when I stopped demanding that she clean, she now often asks if she can clean, or takes the initiative on her own. Often, it takes longer, and the result can look pretty much the way they did before she started (and, on occasion, less clean). But she is learning how to clean, and, much more importantly, how to clean because she wants to, and to enjoy cleaning for its own sake.



On our way home, we saw a train under a gorgeous blue sky filled with fluffy, magical clouds...

The perfect moments just seem to be adding up.... =D



No comments: